Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To echo Captain Ed's post on the subject, the idea of evolution does not threaten my Christian worldview. I myself do not believe in a six-day creation--though God is certainly powerful enough to have done it that way, and I do not believe in human evolution. As it is currently constituted, I do not think that intelligent design "theory" is a valid theory for teaching; it does not provide a model that makes predictions that can be disproved through testing. There are important models embracing the Christian viewpoint that do make such predictions--notably the Reasons To Believe model.

I do, however, find the dogmatism and ruthlessness of the philosophical Darwinists in academia to be disturbing because of their lack of interest in real free inquiry. So here is a fantastic TV commercial for Ben Stein's documentary, Expelled: