Thursday, June 19, 2008

Actually, Maybe I Will Post

Maybe.

Yesterday I attended a barbecue for bloggers at the house of Jack McHugh, and I'm delighted to report that he is even more charming in person than in his Internet comments and briefly-worded event emails! And an excellent host, beside.

I saw some familiar faces--but then, I have a pretty good memory for them--in father and son Gilman, writers of Michigan Taxes Too Much and Random Rants From An Airline Employee, respectively. Rep. Jack Hoogendyk, writer of Core Principles Blog and brave anti-vulture U.S. Senate candidate, was there as well. Also met some bloggers, new to me but not to Michigan blogosphere excellence, namely the writers of Live Dangerously Be a Conservative and Muskegon Pundit. Good West Michiganders, both. Go on, subscribe! Finally, the irreplaceable Nick DeLeeuw, creator and supreme overlord of RightMichigan.com, was there, but I found out he's a Spartan fan. Every hero has his weakness.