Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Okay, guys...

Hey-o. Back. I wish I didn't have to begin posts like this so often, but nobody told me: Grad school takes a lot of your time. Hm.

That said, I'm very nearly done with my first semester. (Oh, how the definition of "very nearly" has changed since I came!) And since it seems probable that I'll never have a semester as stressful as this one until I'm actually a student-teacher, I should have plenty more time for blogging. And that's a good thing, because your local newspapers are PROBABLY going to go bankrupt sometime soon. Mm.

Some bullets:

  • Michigan's football team finished 3-9, but was not the worst team in the Big Ten. *Sigh*. That would still be Indiana. Scott Shafer then resigned as defensive coordinator, and we're most likely going to replace him with Jay Hopson, whose resume is seriously less impressive. Although "good resume" hasn't really flown with this football team so far...maybe it will work? REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!
  • Michigan's basketball team is 7-2 and sitting at #26 in the AP; Marquette's recent loss means that we should crack the Top 25 for the first time in forever--as long as we beat Oakland at The Palace on Saturday. I wish I'd bought tickets, except--oh yeah, I'd get to feel terrible because I should really finish my paper on Callimachus's Aetia. That will be Laval Lucas-Perry's debut as a Wolverine...watch! If you can!
  • No, don't ask me what Callimachus's Aetia is. I want to think about it as little as possible.
  • Our president had a shoe thrown at him by an Iraqi journalist; this is the highest insult possible in Iraqi culture. Irony: Which would have worse results, doing this to George Bush, or doing this to Moqtada al-Sadr? Hmmm....
  • The cholera epidemic in Zimbabwe has, unfortunately, gotten worse. The Robert Mugabe epidemic has, unfortunately, remained stable.
  • Chris Muir's Day By Day cartoon has now shown Sam wearing a "Room Temp" Che T-shirt several times; WHY IS THERE NO "ROOM TEMP" CHE T-SHIRT AVAILABLE FOR SALE YET?? (THAT I'M AWARE OF??) Of course, I couldn't buy one; that is an invitation for my roommate to dynamite my bedroom. And what was left of me, the rest of Ann Arbor's peaceable inhabitants would take care of.