Saturday, August 30, 2008

Game Day

I'll write another post about the ridiculous and inevitable column about change at U-M with Rodriguez, but not now.  I'm tired from my last rant, and anyway today is, as Bob Ufer would say, the holy day of obligation for the religion that is Michigan football.  (Did I blaspheme enough there?  Maybe more later.)

We are running a cuhrazy system.  Our coach has a Southern-ish accent.  Michigan Stadium has two big chunks of steel on it.  We have someone on our team named "Martavious."  I am part of the student section.  Yes, lots of change at Michigan this year, and all of it very exciting.  "Martavious" can be re-arranged to spell "I'm a sour vat."  The guy who might be "the guy" at QB is a former walk-on from Saline.  Our offensive line currently consists of a returning mediocre starter, one of those beaded curtains, and a maize-and-blue painted rock that was pressed into service after injuries to Mark Huyge and Cory Zirbel, but who has reportedly "picked things up quickly" and may challenge for a starting spot.  Our linebackers are named Evans, Panter, and Ezeh.  These are among the frightening things about Michigan football as I sit here awaiting the opening kickoff.

But I guess there's only one way to find out...

GO BLUE