Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blog Difficulties Of Various Kinds

Hey guys.  I've been absolutely terrible about posting, obviously, but to be fair, it's my first week at one of the top grad schools in its field in the world.  Things are busy, to say the least!  But as I adjust and things settle down a bit, I'll try to be back and providing insight--or ramblings, depending on your perspective--on the political/athletic/whatever interests me events of the day.

Furthermore, my ability to comment on my own posts has been...curtailed, somehow.  I'm thinking here of prospective and, inexplicably, impossible comments in response to "Ed Darrell" on the topic of DDT.  I had no idea that such inoffensive concepts as the fact that light indoor spraying of DDT could save millions of lives from malaria or that DDT has not been demonstrated to be a carcinogen--and it certainly has not--would be responded to with such force and vehemence.  (With a little added Big Tobacco accusation thrown in!  Delightful.)  Another round of DDT links to follow.

Anyway, I'll throw in a little bonus comment about Sarah Palin:  She's likeable.  I like her.  There.