Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things!

I'm not going to have much time to post very often this week; hooray for midterms!

But, I shall leave you with this tidbit. Since www.freep.com has changed its format, apparently requiring me to re-register and still not allowing me for some reason to look at the message boards, plus they hate Michigan so they only kept the story about State beating us 5-2 at the Library and cut out the story about the drubbing the Blue gave them the following night, I'll have to do this from memory and without attribution...my apologies.

A poster on the Michigan message boards wrote that he was sitting in front of a Spartan fan with his young son at the Joe last Saturday. Sparty was skating around the ice holding up one finger (and not the one State fans are normally accustomed to holding up), when the kid asked, "Dad, who is that?" The man replied, "That's our school's mascot, Sparty." And the kid asked, "Daddy, why is Sparty wearing a dress?"

Indeed. From the mouths of babes...