Thursday, February 28, 2008

Throwback...

Instead of any political commentary, today I would like to offer up several TV show theme songs. The first two are from cartoons that make me nostalgic for when I was about 5-7:

Dashing and daring, courageous and caring...Gummi Bears! I always wanted to have some of that gummi beary juice when I was a kid, but alas, I'm still a white kid with a three-inch vertical. Did you know "the fight for what's right is whatever they do"? You should watch these guys.





The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. So, I didn't watch this show a whole lot actually, but the song is one of those I recognize from when I was about that age... Apparently someone has made some version of Winnie the Pooh in which Christopher Robin's SISTER has become the main kid character. Bah! Change! Bah! This blog stands athwart PC remakes, shouting, "Stop!"





Here are some more mature theme songs, in the sense that they aren't for shows rated "Y." They're also from the first and best decade of my life. Enjoy! The first is the show where Michael J. Fox got his start playing staunch Republican Alex P. Keaton.





The next one is another fantastic theme song brought to you by Alan Thicke--writer of the theme to the fantastically terrible show The Facts of Life--for a show starring himself! Also a young Kirk Cameron, if that means anything. Not as good as some other Eighties shows, but it lasted long enough that the characters grew on you.






Lastly, the best TV theme song in history. No one can beat it. No one. Don't try, because you can't. (By the way, I also found the full version of this song from the first season, but it's strange. Listen if you like.) *drumroll*





Ahh, the old days...before I was, you know, conscious of anything...