Monday, February 11, 2008

There's Always Next Year

The Free Press reports:
2009 recruit Russell Shepard (Houston (TX) Cypress Ridge), a five-star quarterback much like Pryor, has U-M very high on his list.

Shepard, a lifelong University of Texas fan, visited the Longhorns over the weekend. But even though he got a scholarship offer from his favorite team, he told the Austin American-Statesman that he may have a different favorite than many would think.

“I would say Texas is still up there, but Michigan is really at the top of my list, especially if they don’t get Terrelle Pryor,” he told the paper. “I feel like I could go there and play right away. I’m also looking at Florida and LSU. Both of those schools have pretty good depth-chart situations for me.”
Oh, HECK yeah. And by the way:
Shepard is 6-foot-2 and weighs 183 pounds. He has 4.4 speed and is listed by Rivals.com as the class of 2009's No. 4 recruit.
Bwahahahaha.